Thursday, November 19, 2015

Myanmar stay for the student exchange program day1-4

Hi. This is Genki, the master course student in Kawasaki group.
This is the forth day of my stay in Yangon, so I want to report how I live in Yangon.
Since it is winter in Japan now, I felt really hot in Myanmar at first but now I'm getting used to it.
I'm staying at the Guest House in Yangon Technological University (YTU) and it's very comfortable. I usually read books and papers here after I come back.


Thanks to all the help by Dr. WinWinZin from Civil Engineering Department and other many friends in YTU, I have nothing in trouble so far. 


One of the canteens I usually use is as follows.


Myanmar people are so kind and mild that I sometimes forget the fact that I'm in the foreign country. 
Yesterday, I went to Yangon downtown with my friends. We used train, not taxi, but it only took around 40 minutes from the nearest station from YTU to the Yangon Central Station. Of course it depends on the time but I think it's sometimes better to use train to go to the downtown area, because in Myanmar the traffic congestion is now a big problem and it sometimes takes more than an hour and a half to go by taxi.
Here are the sceneries from YTU to the nearest station.





I was surprised that there are many British style traditional buildings in Yangon downtown area. These buildings were constructed when Myanmar was the British colony. So I think they have more than a hundred history. At the center of the downtown, there is a big independent monument and it was also awesome. 
You can see many pictures I took in the train and downtown.



 People are living near the station and there are markets for residents. Actually we can see the similar scene in Thailand.


The Yangon Central Station. When we arrived there were few people.


 Yangon City Hall. I took a picture with my friends!



Sule Pagoda. It was fantastic but there is a larger pagoda here in Yangon named Shwedagon Pagoda.


A Court. It looks like Big Ben in London. You can feel the history.


Independent Monument. 


I think this is the best picture of this day.


Home electric appliances market. There were many Samsung shops but I also found SONY, HITACHI, Panasonic and other Japanese companies' name.


I also can feel the history!



As you can see, there are many places to visit only in Yangon! I really recommend you to come to Myanmar. 
I'm really enjoying Myanmar. I'm also going to study my research topic about the relationship between flood and poverty during my stay here.

See you soon.

10 comments:

  1. Wow, great pics in Yangon!
    I miss the local train in Yangon.

    Kawasaki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you mind if I quote a few of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your weblog? My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would truly benefit from a lot of the information you present here. Please let me know if this okay with you. Thank you! myanmar travel agency

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Manaslu trekking is one of the best trekking destinations in the western part of Nepal Kathmandu. The Manaslu Tsum valley trek and Manaslu area is restricted for the foreigner if you want to travel in your once life you should buy special permit for the Manaslu trek. It is pretty expensive but after entering this area then you will feel wow this is the one of the real-life adventure and real local culture you could get a mix tradition. Here if you want to travel normally you should more than two people with a guide as if you hire porter that is your choice. The Manaslu trek starts from Soti-Khola which is reached after 7/8 hours drive from Kathmandu first day following Trisuli river then the end Budigandaki river viewing agriculture platform and tradition local houses and a lot of green hilly region jungle. This trek normally takes 14 days if include Tsum valley will be more days. The Manaslu area is locally base culture and old traditional ethnic group people living area in Nepal. All the trekking trail follows Budi –Gundaki river till the top of the Manalsu Larke which is (5106m) above the sea level most challenging all of you those travel while you are doing there.

    After the top is going downhill which is a long way down inter the Annapurna Region. the manalsu circuit trek is finish Dharapani where is last checkpoint for the special permit someone walks till Tall then from there can drive to Besi Shar and to Kathmandu any kind of drive luxury or any kind of bus. This is trekking route you will see specifically view of the top of the high mount Manalsu lot of the other spectacular mountain view so the people uphold the trekking route to doing but the most of people feel on them anxious due to high elevation. When you doing this Manalsu Larke pass trek you should keep positively, of course, everyone can success trip Everest Trekking Routes help 100% trip success so kindly join us teamwork with ETR

    Everest Trekking Routes Pvt. Ltd.
    Khusibu, Nayabazaar, Kathmandu, Nepal
    Tel: + 977-1-4387202
    Mobile : +977-9843451231, 9843467921
    Email :info@manaslutsumvalleytrekking.com
    Email: info@everesttrekkingroutes.com
    ULL:- www.manaslutsumvalleytrekking.com
    URL:- www.everesttrekkingroutes.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dear,

    I like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Travel Agency Services is a private retailer or public service that provides travel and tourism related services in India, USA, Canada & Australia

    Visit Here - https://travelagencyservices.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gokyo ri trek in the Sagarmatha National Park offers one of the best panoramic views in the entire Sagarmatha Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Luxury see view apartment at MAYBEYN SAHIL offers Garden Duplex, Penthouse, Luxury Flats, luxury sea view apartments near Marmara in turkey.

    ReplyDelete